Talented Athlete Support Scheme (TASS)
University of Surrey Talented Athletes Scholarship Scheme (TASS) is a government funded programme that represents a unique partnership between sport and higher education.
The programme awards scholarships and bursaries to talented athletes that are committed to combining their academic studies and sporting performance.
The scholarship funding enables athletes to access specialist support services such as strength & conditioning, sports science and sports medicine services (physiotherapy & sports massage) through to medical insurance and mentoring.
Students may study in any subject, and a large variety of sports are considered for scholarship support.
The criteria for selection are that you must satisfy the academic entry requirements for your chosen course, as well as achieving national recognition in a sport at least at U18 level. Nominations for TASS awards are organised through national governing bodies. Please contact your sport’s NGB for more details or visit the TASS website.
- Access to specialist support services within your host university (sports science, sports medicine and strength & conditioning)
- Access to training facilities
- Funding towards elite coaching
- Funding towards competition and training costs
- Funding towards equipment
- Series of workshops – Talented Athlete Life Skills (TALS) workshop & mentoring
If you're looking to get in touch, please contact us using the below details.
Team Surrey has Personal Accident Insurance to cover students engaging in Team Surrey activities. If you would like more information, please email email@example.com
Surrey Sports Park,
University of Surrey,
Richard Meyjes Road,