Welcome to the latest edition of the SurreyMoves+ newsletter!
This publication is the central hub for all SurreyMoves+ information including the latest announcements, new challenges & rewards, and user statistics. Here’s what you’ll find in this month’s edition…
- New challenges and rewards
- Hear from the July Giveaway winners
- A look back at Welcome Week 2022
- More about our partner charities
Remember, if you have any feedback or questions about SurreyMoves+, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to remind users to connect a tracker and ensure this is synced with the app at least once every seven days. This is to ensure that all activity is rewarded with redeemable points.
NEW REWARDS ARE NOW LIVE!
We have loads of exciting new rewards to redeem across campus for the new academic year. These include catering rewards at Lakeside and Hideout, clothing discounts and free Surrey Sports Park passes. Head to the Rewards section of the app for full information on each of these rewards and to find out how you can redeem them.
- Clothing discounts: Look the part by getting 50% off the SurreyMoves+ hoodies, sweatshirts and T-shirts.
- SurreyMoves+ accessories: Keep warm for winter by redeem our branded beanie hats and get gym-ready with our gym towels and drawstring bags.
- Campus food & drink offers: Take a study break in one of the catering outlets on campus and use your points to redeem rewards such as free hot drinks, free salads and sandwich discounts in Lakeside, Hillside & Hideout.
- Surrey Sports Park passes: Get free passes to the Gym, Fitness Classes & Swimming Pool at the Sports Park.
- The Treatment Room voucher: Got any aches or niggles? Get £10 off your treatment session with one of the therapists at the Sports Park.
TRY OUT AN OCTOBER CHALLENGE!
Our monthly global challenges are a great motivation to keep active and on the move. You can earn some extra points and rewards when you complete these challenges, so make sure you enter one in October!
- Make a Splash – Make a splash this month by jumping into the pool feet first and getting those laps in. Challenge yourself this month to swim a total of 2,500 metres.
- World Mental Health Day – With World Mental Health Day being on 10th October, use this challenge to disconnect form the world of screens and get outside for some exercise to look after your mental health. Why not reach out to a friend, go for a walk and a chat, or just take some time for you and get your steps in while listening to your favourite music. Get moving everyday this month to release those feel-good hormones!
- Cycle the Hogs Back – Cycle the equivalent of a 22.5 mile loop around a local iconic area, The Hogs Back. Situated just outside of Guildford, this area gives you amazing views across all of Guildford, Woking, and the surrounding villages
HEAR FROM THE JULY GIVEAWAY WINNERS!
Thank you to everyone who took part in our July Giveaway Month over the summer where we handed out some fantastic rewards to some lucky SurreyMoves+ users. Here’s the results from the Giveaway as well as some quotes from the winners…
PRIZE: Fitbit Versa 2
“I’d never imagined when I entered the prize draw for a Fitbit versa 2 that I’d actually win it! I’m so happy that I stayed up to date with the SurreyMoves+ app and kept logging in all the exercise I’d been doing throughout my time at the university as it definitely paid off! I’d recommend people to get on it ASAP so they can start earning points as soon as possible and get some cool free stuff from simply walking and exercising!”
PRIZE: UE Boom 3
“The SurreyMoves+ app was a real help motivating me to get out running more last year. I ended up entering an ultramarathon across Wales, which was a live changing experience. And earnt me lots of points! I’m very grateful to the team behind the app and for this great prize too- I’m looking forward to sharing my favourite music with friends.”
Fidha Mol Kuntheeparambhil Jafar – Fitbit Versa 2
“Moves+ is an innovative and creative platform. It is a motivation for everyone to stay fit and healthy and to top it off, the app also provides an incentive to earn great rewards.”
Sarath Asok Kumar – UE Boom 3
“The SurreyMoves+ app is a great platform that motivates and challenges me to reach my physical goals. It encourages me to swim, walk and run through exploring my local area I am very excited and thrilled to receive a Bluetooth speaker as a reward for my workout.”
Danielle Brooks-Gatehouse – Summer Starter Pack
“Really excited to set up and play some rounders with my friends and family. So happy I entered!”
Abbie Cook – Summer Starter Pack
“Really excited to have won this prize from Surrey moves and looking forward to making use of it with friends this summer!”
Julie Apps – £50 voucher
“I love using the SurreyMoves+ app to track my steps and it’s great to be rewarded. I’m over the moon to have won the prize draw and can’t wait to spend my voucher!”
THANKS FOR JOINING US FOR WELCOME WEEK 2022!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our events in Welcome Week! The week was a huge success as new and returning students took part in our events and learned more about Team Surrey and the SurreyMoves+ app. The Colour Run Festival was particularly memorable as participants enjoyed our BBQ and festival zone before the 2km powder paint run on a sunny afternoon at the Sports Park.
The following day then saw Team Surrey host a Crazy Golf and Hockey Shootout challenge on AP Plaza as well as our SurreyMoves+ Campus Walk. We’re looking forward to putting on many more events over the course of the year!
OUR CHARITY PARTNERS
In case you didn’t know, Surrey Sports Park’s charity partners for 2022 are The Fountain Centre and Oakleaf. Here’s a little more information on each of these charities and what they do…
The Fountain Centre
The Fountain Centre is a charity that aims to provide both holistic and emotional support, information and signposting to the patients living with cancer and their families. They aim to provide support in person (face to face) and online to as many patients as they can. Click HERE for more information.
Oakleaf is a charity that aims to empower their clients through helping them to gain the skills, training and confidence to manage their mental health and return to work. In 2021, 877 people used their services with 98% feeling less isolated and 96% feeling more confident as an individual. Click HERE for more information.
You can donate using your SurreyMoves+ points. Just go to the app and redeem the reward.