Welcome to the latest edition of the SurreyMoves+ newsletter!
This publication is the central hub for all SurreyMoves+ information including the latest announcements, new challenges & rewards, and user statistics. Here’s what you’ll find in this month’s edition…
- New challenges and rewards
- Santa Moves Fun Run 2022
- SurreyMoves+ second birthday
- More about our partner charities
Remember, if you have any feedback or questions about SurreyMoves+, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We would like to remind users to connect a tracker and ensure this is synced with the app at least once every seven days. This is to ensure that all activity is rewarded with redeemable points.
NEW REWARDS ARE NOW LIVE!
We’ve introduced plenty of new rewards this academic year including more catering rewards across campus and passes to sessions at Surrey Sports Park. Head to the Rewards section of the app for full information on each of these rewards and to find out how you can redeem them.
- Lakeside Coffee – Check out the newly renovated Lakeside Coffee shop on Stag Hill campus and get yourself 50% off a hot drink.
- The Hideout, Hillside Cafe & Wates House – There are more rewards available in other catering outlets including sandwiches, smoothies, salads, bakery items and lunch menus.
- Pitchside Coffee & The Bench Bar – New rewards are available at Surrey Sports Park’s outlets. Get yourself a free Chicken or Falafel Shawarma or a half-price Bench bowl from The Bench Bar. Alternatively, grab a free coffee from the new Pitchside Coffee.
- Surrey Sports Park passes – Want to try out the SSP gym or a fitness class with no commitment? Save up your points and redeem either a Gym Pass or Fitness Class Pass to try the range of classes at the Sports Park from Yoga & Aqua Fit to Pilates & Indoor Cycling.
TAKE ON A CHALLENGE FOR NOVEMBER!
Our monthly global challenges are a great motivation to keep active and on the move. You can earn some extra points and rewards when you complete these challenges, so make sure you enter one in November!
- Walk for Movember – The month of November is used to raise awareness for Men’s mental health and suicide prevention throughout the initiative of Movember. In spirit of this, we’re encouraging you to get outside as much as you can this month. Join this challenge and try to walk a total of 130,000 steps across the month of November. Remember to donate!
- Get Swimming – It’s getting colder outside, so time to switch to something a bit warmer? Try your hand at swimming at Surrey Sports Park with this challenge and attempt 1500m in a month – that’s only 30 full lengths! Take your time and even break that into smaller regular visits.
- Guildford to Woking Run – Travel the distance equivalent to visiting Guildford’s neighbouring town Woking. At a distance of around 12 miles for a loop, take your time to complete this challenge over the month. You can try it out all in one go or break it down into much smaller runs throughout the month.
GET FESTIVE AT THE SANTA MOVES FUN RUN!
This is your chance to get dressed up in a Santa suit and walk, jog or run through Stag Hill campus alongside your fellow students and staff!
There will be a warm-up from 13:45 and the 2km run will then start at 14:00 from PATS field opposite the Hideout Coffee Shop. Tickets are priced at just £3 with this including your Santa Suit and hot chocolate on completion of the event!
You can also make an optional donation to Surrey Sports Park’s partner charities Oakleaf and The Fountain Centre when you purchase your ticket. The total amount raised will be split between the two.
SURREYMOVES+ IS TWO YEARS OLD!
In October, we celebrated two years since the launch of SurreyMoves+ through our Giveaway and a Dr Bike event at Surrey Sports Park!
- As part of the Giveaway, Moves+ users were able to spend their points on entering prize draws for some fantastic prizes including Fitbits, Gym starter packs, Student starter packs, Vouchers, Earbuds & Speakers. If you entered, keep an eye on your emails in case you’re selected as one of our lucky winners!
- The Dr Bike event on October 25th saw Geared Up Cycles visit the Sports Park to provide free bike service checks ahead of the winter months. Keep an eye out for more Dr Bike events like this in the future.
OUR CHARITY PARTNERS
In case you didn’t know, Surrey Sports Park’s current charity partners are The Fountain Centre and Oakleaf. Here’s a little more information on each of these charities and what they do…
The Fountain Centre
The Fountain Centre is a charity that aims to provide both holistic and emotional support, information and signposting to the patients living with cancer and their families. They aim to provide support in person (face to face) and online to as many patients as they can. Click HERE for more information.
Oakleaf is a charity that aims to empower their clients through helping them to gain the skills, training and confidence to manage their mental health and return to work. In 2021, 877 people used their services with 98% feeling less isolated and 96% feeling more confident as an individual. Click HERE for more information.
You can donate using your SurreyMoves+ points. Just go to the app and redeem the reward.